Frequently Asked

What is a Church Controlled Organization?

Church-controlled organizations are tax-exempt organizations that are controlled by an entity that engages primarily in the act of non-profit worship and community services. Church-controlled organizations can be a part of any religion, though whether the organization is engaged specifically in religious worship may need to be determined by the IRS. A church-controlled organization can be […]

What is a Responsible Party? | Who can be a Responsible Party?

A responsible party is someone who is able to act on behalf of an entity, such as a company. When it comes to filing a Tax ID or Federal EIN Number, the responsible party is the person filing for the EIN on behalf of the company and the person who is responsible for any questions […]

What is a C-Corporation?

Most individuals are familiar with the idea of a “corporation” being synonymous with a business, but a corporation has a specific legal definition. A corporation is either a company or a group of people who together form a distinct and separate entity, and which is recognized as a unique entity in the scope of the […]

Does a Corporation Need a Tax ID (EIN) Number?

Nearly every business is going to need a tax ID number, otherwise known as an EIN Number. An EIN is critical for any C-Corporation that wants to hire employees, open business bank accounts, apply for business licenses, and more. A C-Corporation, as an entity, requires an EIN because it is a separate and legally distinct […]

1 12 13 14